Monday 11 August 2014

-75% Sale; Alverde limited edition; Rimmel, Miss Sporty, Astor and more!

Spending a bit too much? Hell, no! This whole bunch cost me a little over 7 €.
Original total price: 29.73 €
Check the full article for swatches and first impressions!
***
I finally "finished" my conference paper. Man, that thing has had devastating effects on my mental health. To celebrate the end of my misery, I made several trips to drugstores. Here is what I got!

Rimmel Waterproof Gel Eyeliner: I must have been blind to never even consider this eyeliner. It comes with a tiny brush in the tip of the container and the product itself works so well you only need the tiniest dab to draw a full line. Definitely worth buying even for the full price.
NYC High Definition Liquid Eyeliner - A typical felt tip eyeliner. I must have at least 5 of these at home now and they are all just as good as the other. At first it seemed this one is going to be a blast, but the high-pigmentation effect disappeared after first use. It's not a bad product though, felt tip eyeliners simply don't give you the same amount of colour in single swipe as your typical liquid eyeliner would.
Miss Sporty Cat's Eyes Palette (006 Indigo Intensity)
Miss Sporty Duo Eye Shadow (216 Fun Loving)
Swatched on paper only (lots of layers), but this is pretty much what you get. I've been loving the Cat's Eyes Palette design for a long time now, although I am somewhat glad I never paid the full price for it. All shades have a nice metallic shine, except the pink in the middle which is just an immense bunch of sparkles. The duo palette is pink and brown, but the brown looks deceivingly black until application. Neither of these palettes are completely hopeless, I suppose I will use them from time to time, but I've seen better.
NYC Cheek Glow: This item is a trickster. When I picked it up first time, I thought it might work as a blush or even as a bronzer. It's neither. This product has no real colour pigmentation to speak of and is usable only as...well, cheek glow (yeah, I know that is what the name says, but just look at it... it's almost brown). Since there were no testers, I grabbed the one that looked more fresh and fun, 654 Outside Café. On skin, expect lots of pretty, natural looking sparkles, but nothing overly fancy. Bonus points for the mini brush.
Alverde Jungle Fever Shimmering Bronzer - Can we just talk about how beautiful this whole collection is? It has eyeshadow palettes, lipsticks, an amazing bronzer... I was pleasantly surprised to see it come from Alverde. The bronzer does gets a bit messed up when the mosaic tiles starts to mix, but it can be avoided if you gently scrape away the mess with a soft brush. While it is supposed to be a shimmering bronzer, I can't say that I find it overly shimmery, perhaps not at all. Personally, this might just be one of my absolute favourites of the year. The swatches below show various shades of the mosaic as well as the bigger blot that is all the colours mixed together.
I also swatched the lipsticks quickly. They felt very creamy and generously pigmented considering Alverde cosmetics are all natural products. My personal favourite is the middle one, an unusual golden-tangerine shade, perfect for summer or even autumn.

Astor Soft Sensation Moisturizing Lipstick 503 - Cheeky Red
One reason why I love random sales is because they make me consider products I would otherwise never even look at. This lipstick is one of them. While I'm not overly fond of cooler tones, I was surprised that the plain-looking dark red is actually a wonderful wine shade that changes colour depending on the thickness of the layer. It goes from very deep wine to almost fuchsia, an effect that is best visible when you only stain the inner part of your lips and blend it out. The colour also doesn't appear as cold on the lips as it does in the photo below. I honestly can't wait for autumn...
Rimmel Apocalips - 701 Stargazer
Similar to the Astor lipstick, this was a complete blindfold purchase. I've been eyeing the whole Apocalips collection since winter, but none of the shades felt special enough to pay the full price. Stargazer (being a somewhat nude-looking shade) was probably my least favourite. However, I decided to give it a chance today since it was only 1.25 €. And I am stunned! This is not a nude, not even close. It's a tube full of luxurious golden pigment that will probably last you throughout the day, considering that is what Rimmel Apocalips is supposed to do. I think it can be extra interesting as a topper, perhaps even layered over the Astor Cheeky Red above. Rimmel, I am proud.
For those of you who actually live in Slovakia - check out your local 101 drogerie. They are replacing the old makeup stands and seems they are giving lots of stuff away for almost free!

4 comments:

  1. Soo many new goodies...what a bargain! Now you have more stuff to play with, congrats :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I didn't have enough to play with before :-D

      Delete
  2. ty vkuse vychytas super zlavy :D not fair :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Veď sa snažím o nich informovať :-D :-D :-D

      Delete