Tuesday 3 June 2014

Lipstick Swatches! Rimmel, Oriflame, MUA, Catrice, Bell, Miss Sporty!

A year ago, I hardly felt like touching lipsticks at all. I had a few but I didn't feel like I want to wear them on a daily basis. Nowadays, I got used to expressing my mood through lipsticks, changing my lip colour as I go, sometimes three-four times a day. No wonder I ended up carrying some 10+ colours in my handbag wherever I go. Who knows how much a girl's mood can swing?

At school I am barbie pink, on my way to Prague I was rich fuchsia, traveling home I was timeless matte red. One might wonder what sort of mood would it need to be for me to wear some of these...

!!!Bear in mind that the colours as they appear in the photo can be somewhat different from the reality. I did my best but I think some of them came out lighter than they are once applied to the lips!!!

1. Catrice ULTIMATE Shine (240) And the Oscar Goes To
Picked this one up from the "sale basket". Untouched, beautiful rich "red" that had more to it than I had thought at first. Don't be fooled by its dull reddish appearance. Swatched, it comes out a beautiful dark purple-ish colour with gold hues in it (prolly not obvious on the picture, best visible in sunlight). It feels very hydrating on the lips and it's the sort of colour you will look decent in despite it being rather strong. 

Did I say decent? Poof, I gifted this one to my mum.

2. Miss Sporty Instant Lip Colour & Shine (011) Bubble Pop
This is one of the new products by Miss Sporty. It comes in a twistable stick and lasts quite long, especially if you've applied it more times throughout the day. It's rather creamy so a single layer might not be enough, but apply a few more layers and it's really something. One of the products I give huge thumbs up to, but I would appreciate if they had more colours to choose from because at least 3 others of the total 6 will not even be truly visible on the lips.

3. Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate (04)
Sale basket, again. In the picture above, it actually came out lighter than it really is, sorry. This is so dark it almost appears brownish-black, yet the actual "stick" looks purple like in the picture. Not something you want to wear on a daily basis unless you are really dark-skinned I suppose. It's the sort of colour normal people might want to use for Halloween, but who knows... my mood works in mysterious ways. If you do decide to try this one, make sure to strictly separate the lipstick from the rest of your face using a good concealer.

4. Catrice ULTIMATE Colour (260) It's a Matt World
The red-est of reds, a perfect matte colour that comes out a lot more saturated than you would think when you open it up or swatch it. I imagine this is what Snow White wears as her everyday lip colour. The only problem is it makes your lips dry quite fast.

5. Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate (01)
I simply could not resist this dark, blood red, vampire bite colour. Dark and heavy in its container, it definitely is a statement lipstick, but it does not come out as cold as one might think and for that it has my huge thumbs up. Rimmel by Kate lipsticks might just be my favourite products at the moment.

6.Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate (106)
I walked out from the store with this one remembering I already have a similar colour - Catrice's Kiss Kiss Hibiscus. However, when I compared them at home, I found that they are still veeeery far from being overly similar. Kate (106) is more fuchsia while Kiss Kiss Hibiscus is a lot more on the pink side. Kate (106) is also a much stronger colour, lasting (but also somewhat drying), bold and highly pigmented.

7. Bell (13)
A blind shot, I got this one from a Polish company called Bell which appeared randomly in some of our drugstores. White it is not a complete disaster, it has far too much sparkle in it which doesn't really strike me as a "modern" thing. I also believe I picked their "best" shade, the rest looked all the same to me, boring and unoriginal. Bell's 13 is the sort of colour that almost has a bit of orange in it and while it feels quite nice and creamy, they need to work on the "taste" some more because it still feels a bit like the sort of old lipsticks our grandmothers had to deal with. Compared with other brands, there's way better products with the same price tag. Sorry!

8.Catrice ULTIMATE Colour (320) Kiss Kiss Hibiscus
One of my recent holy grails, a beautiful strong pink-to-fuchsia colour. Very creamy, perhaps not as lasting as the Rimmel by Kate lipsticks, but still a good product in its price category. Also - bonus points for the sturdy black/glass container.

9. Oriflame PURE COLOUR - Desert Rose
Don't expect this one to be very pigmented. Oriflame's Pure Colour lipsticks focus on shine and sparkle. They are super creamy and I had to try hard to get enough colour on my arm. The cheap plastic container stains easily and once again, I've seen better products for the same price. Note to self - might be useful as a topper when in need of more glitter.

10. MUA MATTE Lipstick - Pouty Pink
Nice swatch, huh? WRONG! This lipstick is a lie. Actually, I am having a hard time believing this is a lipstick at all. It's so plastic and solid that you literally have to scrub your lips to get ANY colour on at all. I can't complain though, it cost me just a little over 1 euro. Too bad, the actual colour is so pretty.

11. Miss Sporty (032) New Age
A cool, glossy lavender that is not as pigmented as one might want it to be, but I can't really imagine how that could work with this sort of colour. It's somewhat similar to Desert Rose by Oriflame, just dryer and with more pigmentation. I suppose this will be a good colour for next winter. No idea why I felt like I need to have it now... 

12. Oriflame VeryMe Lip Addict - Rockstar Pink
Prices, prices. If I were to see this in store, I would probably not agree to pay for it. If you're a fan of sheer lipsticks, these will suit you well. To me, it's more like a lipgloss/tinted lip balm. I still like the colour and the consistency though, even the plastic container (not very sturdy, but pleasantly funky).

Which one would you pick?

2 comments:

  1. I would pick the forth one by Catrice. However, I already have it in my collection and it is much bolder than it looks on the picture X) I also like the classic red by Rimmel (Kate) but cannot imagine it on my pale face :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's more wearable for me because I have dark hair (aka Snow White).

      Delete