Thursday 12 June 2014

More Summery Goodness!

My most recent facial care products and some new arrivals from Oriflame!

While I do prefer thick, heavily moisturizing facial dreams in general (aka Garnier Moisture Match), I found myself switching to more lightweight products during these hot, almost-summer days.

My first choice was Essence My Skin Moisturizing Cream-gel, but unfortunately, it doesn´t really "do the thing" for my Sahara-dry face. (too bad, because it smells sooo amazing and the sparkles are absolutely gorgeous...) Therefore, I made another trip to the drugstore... and hello sales!

Also, a couple of things by Oriflame arrived today... Enjoy! ;-)

1. Essence My Skin Cooling Eye roll-on
A funky little tube in a very appealing triangle-shaped mini box. There was no way I could leave this on the shelf.

As far as I can tell with my hay-fever afflicted nose, it has no real smell to speak of (which is something you probably don't even want in eye products~), but it does feel fresh and light with its gel/watery consistency. I also like the fancy packaging and the roll-on applicator. On the minus side, I did notice that my skin stings just ever so slightly after application, but there is no sign of my usual irritation spots, so I am willing to give it a few more chances. (Did the same with Ziaja Goat's Milk Eye Cream and the stinging vanished after a few more applications.) As for the "cooling" effect, the most cooling part is the application itself and the after-effect doesn't seem to last too long (might have something to do with the 30+ degrees temperatures outside?). Overall, I probably won't buy this again, but it is a fun product to try and I am always in for something new.
2. Balea Aqua Moisturizing Cream Gel
Loving this one! I found it in the sales basket for like 1.50 euro and I just can't praise it enough. It's light, yet still very moisturizing, with the kind of gel consistency that spreads easily and disappears quickly without leaving your skin dry again. The blue packaging makes me think SUMMER. My only regret is that it doesn't have any sparkles or pretty fragrances... but a girl can't have everything. (I might try to mix this and the Essence gel cream, lol)

3. Balea Aqua Moisturizing Serum
No sales basket this time, but this product actually works, so I can't complain much about paying the full price :-P

Compared to its cream version (above), the serum has a more fluid-like consistency and comes with a handy pump. It also sinks into your skin instantly after application. Being so watery, I thought this would not work for me because my skin gets very dry after coming into contact with water, but I was pleasantly surprised and I do use the serum regularly during the day when I don't feel like putting on any creams.
Thumbs up to Balea for affordable, effective products!

As for the ORIFLAME bundle, I haven't had much time to try them out yet (or even smell them, wee, allergies), but you can find the things listed below and check them out yourself :-)

Oriflame Love Nature Eye Gel (one must never stop hoping for the perfect eye gel)
Giordani Gold Powder Brush (my old one fell apart. no wonder, it was a gift item from a magazine...)
Oriflame Refreshing Hand Cream with Cherry Extract
Oriflame Refreshing Hand Cream with Olive Oil
Giordani Gold Eye Shadow Mono Dreamy Moments (comes with a miniscule brush Barbie microphone)

Oh, and I think I forgot to put this on my blog...
(because SAAAAAAAALES)

2 comments:

  1. Seems like you don't need to go to a drugstore for any cosmetics next several years...but you will. Tomorrow. Or the day after tomorrow.Or the day after the day after tomorrow...:D

    ReplyDelete