Saturday 8 March 2014

Eye Pencil Extravaganza


Essence, S-he, and Catrice. 
Eye Pencils. 
Enjoy!
These are some of the pencils that I collected quite recently. The order will be left to right as seen in the picture. Not all of them are what I expected them to be... but we will get to that.

1. NYC Show Time Glitter Eyeliner (947 Paparazzi Purple): One of the most satisfying products. Lots of pigment, nice glitter effect, maybe a bit too smudgy (best for undereye only). Cost me about 1 euro so I can't really complain. Sorry if it looks way too blue in the photo, it really is not. (Compare to 945 Starry Blue Sky on the very right) 7/10

2. Essence kajal pencil (23 Love Me Lavender): Another sale product. Similarly to NYC, a bit too smudgy for me, but perhaps I like my "won't budge" pencils way too much. Pretty colour, but I only picked it up because of the sale. 6/10

3. S-he khol kajal Eyepencil (lavender): The lightest of the purple/lavender trio. Now these below 0.50 euro on sale so I never expected them to work magic. It's a nice shade when put on but they tend to be tougher and it´s best to warm them up on your hand before use. With my eye region skin already irritated atm, I think I will avoid S-he eyepencils for a while to not cause more damage. 4/10

4. Essence Stays No Matter What Eyepecil and Shadow (07 Whipped White Frosting): This is a very creamy, pearly pencil. It's quite pigmented and very usable. I hesitated for a long time until I finally succumbed to the fervent recommendations. And... I'm still hesitant. It´s a love-hate relationship. One day I love it, the next I hate it... but I always give it another chance and it's definitely not a bad pencil. We just have personal issues... 7/10

5. S-he khol kajal Eyepencil (gold): Same sa number 3. Once it's on, it's beautiful, pigmented, awesome... but putting it there requires a fair bit of patience. I found that the material of the pencil itself is rather rubbery and can get frustrating. Warm it up really well and be gentle with your eye. 5/10 - extra point here... because OMG GOLD.

6. Catrice Smokey Eyes Pencil 040 Petroling In The Deep: My TOP pencil. I love the colour, the name, the quality. It comes with lots of pigment and a decent sparkly effect. It's a mysterious, metallic colour that can be really flattering and I will probably buy this product again. The only problem with it can be the "packaging". Sharpening the pencil requires you to cut into this plastic cover that takes away quite a bit of the pencil as well. Wood would have been better. 9/10 It's my TOP, but point down for the price.

7. NYC Show Time Glitter Eyeliner (945 Starry Blue Sky): Same pencil as 1., different colour. I got this one first, thinking it would suit me more than the purple one. Nothing new to say here :-) 7/10

3 comments:

  1. I hope that your relationship with the white pencil by Essence will improve, otherwise I will be blamed for a bad recommendation :( :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, ivory pencil....better now?:D

    ReplyDelete