Thursday 15 May 2014

Dermacol Perfect Body Make-Up ... Fake Tan?

Waiting for my horrendous exam results. Have a review.

Dermacol Perfect Body Make-Up
(waterproof, beautifying body makeup)
(voděodolný tělový zkrášlující make-up)


Dermacol came up with something new for the summer - body makeup! 
Which is cool...if it were...you know...actually makeup.

First of all, I think they would be more honest calling this a fake-tan, because I can't imagine how 90% of the population in this country could rock these poopish shades anywhere on their body. Not even in the summer. Not unless you want to look like a walking orange.

Note: Since this is a product I would never-ever pick up myself, I was only working with a sample (though a very generous one), in the the "lighter" shade - Sand. You can currently get them at Rossmann drugstores in the Czech Republic.

Impressions:
While I don't know much about fake tans, I would expect them to be rather lasting. Dermacol's body makeup can be wiped off with a simple paper tissue, with only a hint of colour remaining on the skin. Perhaps the "hint" of colour is what you are supposed to get, but then I don't see the point of PAYING for body makeup if what you wanted was a fake tan... makeup is supposed to cover flaws, not "hint" colours. Not to mention - how are you ever going to apply this evenly when it rubs off so easily? Wouldn't it be much easier to use fake tan instead? Again - why is this called makeup at all?

In terms of consistency - it feels the same as any regular facial makeup, rather creamy but still watery enough to spread easily. Also on the plus side - It doesn't seem to create cakey layers and it has a nice smell, not the disgusting chemical stuff you get with many other makeup brands. Which is good, I appreciate that.

But my biggest problem (apart from staining everything in your closest vicinity), are the shades. When you see something called -sand-, you expect it to be yellowish/brownish, not orange. It's for the summer, I get it! But would it be so hard to create a colour that actually suits the majority of people living in this area? Like, I don't know, a matte brown colour? Because when you wear fake tan, your intention is not to scream HEY MY TAN IS NOT REAL! How many people do you know that naturally tan into your yesterday's dinner oranges?



I admit, when you look at it still in a nice pile, it doesn't really look THAT orange. But as soon as it comes into contact with my skin, the orangey hue is hard to ignore. Don't get me wrong, I love many Dermacol products. Perhaps I am simply not the right skintone for this... but that doesn't really justify anything, because most of the people around here have this type of skin.

So to sum things up - nice attempt, but I doubt many people will like this product. It costs about 6 euro (169 CZK) and the only time you are probably going to wear it (if at all) is in the summer (definitely not when you intend to go swimming). It might suit a lot of people, I am not saying it's a complete disaster... but most of us will find no use for fake tan-slash-makeup of this sort.

A big shout out to DERMACOL - give us wearable shades! We don't need to be a ganguro girl to look tanned!

No comments:

Post a Comment