Tuesday 29 July 2014

Essence Road Trip and a whole lot of lip products!

Finally, after 2 months of expectations, checking online drugstore news, asking around, and endlessly hoping, I was able to see Essence's limited edition with my very own eyes. Luckily, I happened to "accidentally" walk right into it on the very first day so all the products were still available.

Essence Road Trip Styling Set > Let me just say that when I first saw it online, I wasn't expecting more than a cute item that has little to no functionality to it. But now that I had the opportunity to poke around a bit and test the brushes, it seems they are actually quite functional. The bristles are very soft and neat, not the pinching, irritating horror that I know from the old Essence eyeshadow brush. The tweezers look sturdy as well, with a very sharp tip that will be able to grab even the most difficult of hairs. This thing is going straight to my favourite handbag.
My second Road Trip item is the allround balm. I picked it up because I am able to destroy a whole container of lip balm in less than a month and it is always good to stock replacements. Remember the Balea Juicy Orange one? That is now half empty and I am alternating between 4 different products at the moment. Essence did a good job on the consistency, which is very smooth and easy to apply with your finger. It doesn't seem to melt in the warm summer temperatures. Bonus points for the large container.

The rest of Road Trip was nice as well, but I didn't really need any of them. Not to mention, my budget was already suffering a lot. The dry shampoo spray might have been worth a try, but for the occasional use, I can do with a cheaper dry shampoo. However, I couldn't leave without a lip product. One 25% coupon later, ASTOR Soft Sensation Lipcolor Butter in 005 Pretty Poppy landed in my shopping basket.

The Alverde Oil was also discounted and has that rich spa smell that almost makes me dizzy but also reminds me of a relaxing afternoon in a scented sauna. For that price, this massaging oil will function as my leg-dezombifier to get that smooth, glossy, summer look.

And Coca Cola Lip Smacker? Don't even ask.
#that-moment-when-you-feel-guilty-about-spending-too-much-money-and-your-mom-points-you-to-another-thing-you-don't-need
I also got some facial creams by MIXA, but since I already have a neat pile of this brand's products waiting to be reviewed, I think I will leave these for later as well.

As always, stay tuned for more and remember to be fabulous...
even if your face is all red and covered with dry allergy patches!

No comments:

Post a Comment