Thursday 24 July 2014

Holiday Haul no.2 EYE MAKEUP

I came across the Holy Grail while visiting Vienna.
The three-metre Essence counter. I roamed Berlin up and down, unable to find one. And then I happened to meet this one in Vienna. Accidentally.

Now that I think about it, I should have taken more stuff. But with my skin acting up due to some random allergy, there isn't much I can put on my face anyway. However, I did grab the one thing I've been longing to get ever since it appeared on the Essence webpage.

Essence "how to make NUDE eyes" palette - read my quick review HERE/LINK
The other item is the well-known waterproof mascara get BIG! LASHES. I had to visit about 4 drugstores to get it because it was sold out in most places. (Too many positive reviews started appearing recently.)

Here's another novelty, not available in stores until August (most countries)/September "if at all"  (SVK/CZ)
Lash Princess Volume Mascara

I've only had it on once so far, but as weird as that "cobra wand" looks, it's actually very handy. You can always find the type of curve you need to get to more difficult regions of your lashes. (expect a full review sometime soon)

Huge thanks to Essence for sending me one!









Next up - AVON
* super extend liquid eyeliner (black)
Very similar to Miss Sporty's Cat's Eyes Liner or any other product of the type. The pen dries quickly.
* glimmerstick brights eye liner in aqua shock
Beautifully pigmented, perfect product for summer. Highly recommended :-)
And then there is this thing. 

Either I am doing something wrong or this product is from the outer space. Alverde's eyeshadow base looks like a sticky concealer. It is slightly pigmented, perhaps to match your skin better. However, because the product is so sticky, the pigment scatters across your eyelid, creasing and rolling into tiny bits that you need to remove carefully before applying any eyeshadow. I found that if I try hard enough, I can tap it gently to make it stay on somewhat properly, though it still doesn't work too well as an eyeshadow base.
Ever since Essence discontinued their Colour Arts eye base, I've been trying to find a substitute. Unfortunately, this is not the product for me :-(

Stay tuned for more stuff from my recent shopping trips!

5 comments:

  1. Fortunately, the only NOT here is the eyeshadow base, the rest of your new stuff seems like HOT to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much, but I will keep trying with the eyeshadow base. Can´t simply throw it out, can I? :-D

      Delete
    2. Well, you can, but I think you should give it at least one more chance:)

      Delete
  2. Great review! :)
    I am going to visit Vienna soon, do you have any idea where is this store? thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe this one was part of the big shop on Wien Westbahnhof station, close to Mariahilfer strasse, somewhere on the top floor. They sold lots of other brands too, but also toys, food and other stuff. Cant miss it!

      Delete