Thursday 23 January 2014

How to beat sudden anxiety attacks in 15 minutes.

With all the stress from uni and life, I often find myself crushed under a heavy rock of anxiety. It comes and goes, and mostly, I never notice until I've pushed myself too far. I have always been against medications because they don't fix the problem, they just make you feel helpless and dependent on something else to "fix" you. But you might still be perfectly capable of doing that yourself! Give it a try!


I am not saying it's always possible to simply remove all the stress you need to deal with or "delete" anxiety. But when you find yourself in a position where you feel like you no longer can/want/need to go on, like the whole world around you is moving while you are stuck and screaming for help, then this is a simple recipe that might help many of you.


The key...is music. But not just any music! I know many of you heavy metal fans want to unleash hell and let your anger and bitterness fly loose. But sometimes it is better to admit that you are tired and unable to fight the whole world on your own.

And that is where *drums* MANTRAS come in handy!

click :read more: to continue reading:



I first came in contact with mantras some 5+ years ago. I sang a mantra with two other friends and even though I felt slightly awkward and shy at first, I realized it was the most relaxing experience of my life. Ever since, mantras have been my escape plan when things go down the hill too fast

...and no you don´t have to sing yourself :-) That is what Youtube is for.

Remember though that not all of us have to like Buddhist mantras. I, for example, enjoy listening to other types of music that have some sort of repetitive patterns. (Scroll down for examples.) These help you get comfortable with the music and focus on the rhythm, but at the same time they don't disturb you with lyrics and changing tunes as much as to distract you from relaxation.

The key is to float naturally with the music and let go. To do that, you should make sure you are alone so you don't have to think about people interrupting you. If you feel like swaying, sway. If you want to sing along, sing. The core is to be natural and FEEL FREE to be natural.
Having your eyes closed to allow your mind to rest is a good idea too.

A good 15 to 20 minutes of this should leave your mind and soul balanced, refocused and ready to move on. Whether you have an appointment coming up or an interview, inner balance is your strongest weapon.

Here´s some types of music that I find very calming and suitable for "mantra" relaxation.

Pagan Folk:

(Unda by Faun)

(Punagra by Faun)


Traditional Buddhist Mantras:

(Om mani padme hum)

(Om namaha shivay)


Medieval Templar Chanting:

(Salve Regina)


No comments:

Post a Comment