Friday 24 January 2014

My Makeup Collection

Read full article for more detailed photos and my embarrassing makeup mini-history :-)



As a child, I kept telling everyone that I am never going to use makeup. And I was very proud of that statement. But that was when my face was still mono-coloured, smooth, and dark circle-less.

Later, when I was about 13-14, my mum lined my lower lash-line with her black pencil and taught me to apply mascara. I was fine with just that for a while - until the arrival of my superdark/supergoth period = lots of thick eyelining. Lots. Very thick. (but at least I figured out how to draw cat eye) 

Eyeshadows came next - although for a very long time I was confident that putting dark colours in the corner and light in the crease was perfectly correct.

It wasn't until my last year on high school that I started using some occasional powder, corrector, etc. I tried my friend's liquid eyeliner as well, but it was a disaster.

Like many others, "the real thing" started after I had begun watching videos on YouTube. Tutorials, tools and products I never imagined existed, and especially the sparkly goodness. A new obsession was born. That hell broke loose some two years ago and today I have all of... this.




:click on the picture to enlarge:

note: some of my makeup is still lost in places so I couldn't post a complete collection, lame, I know.

2 comments:

  1. What a nice collection...I can see my former lipstick there. It is useless but at least nice to look at right? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Useless makeup goodies don´t exist. I need them. All of them.

      And looking forward to seeing my former eyeshadows in your collection :-D

      Delete