Monday 20 January 2014

My Current Daily Makeup Favourites

While I do own half a ton of makeup toys, there's some that I like to use daily and some that I barely touch once a month. Here´s a selection of things I consider my personal favourites for everyday use.

First thing in the morning, I wash my face and apply Garnier Essentials cream with burdock extract. It's light and fresh, more like a gel than an actual cream. I suppose there are better products in the world, but this one fits me nicely and my skin absorbs it within seconds so I can move on to applying makeup right away.

Garnier BB cream - I picked the one for oily skin even though my face is not normally oily at all. Turns out it was a good choice though, this thing disappears like magic and is so easy to apply. Can't compare it to anything I've ever used before. It doesn't feel like a second layer of skin and fixes some of the dry patches that I often get on my nose. The texture is very liquid-y but doesn't need to dry longer than a few seconds. It works well in small wrinkles too and the smell is not annoying like with many other products. Definitely something I will keep buying over and over again.

Oriflame Beauty Conceal Kit - I am still looking for the perfect product to cover up my ever-present dark circles, but this one is (so far) my number one. It´s a bit "greasy" but at least it doesn´t create a thick layer like my other alternative - Catrice Camouflage Cream (huge no-no for this one).

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - While it might not rank no.1 among all the powders I've tried, it´s what I use daily. It´s often on sale for cheap, it doesn't create a visible powdery layer, and it brings everything together once I am done applying all the other stuff. I love it and I suppose I won´t be looking for a replacement anytime soon.


:click on the picture to enlarge:

2 comments:

  1. Nice stuff...I will probably get the Garnier BB cream for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get it, get a hundred of those to save for the apocalypse :-D

      Delete